Propper refusing to work

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by 404UserNotFound, Apr 22, 2017.

1. 404UserNotFound

404UserNotFound No longer a "TF2 Beta/Cut Content Historian".

Positive Ratings:
    Every time I try to compile a little Triforce thing into a model, it fails to run Propper:

Oddly enough, the error is listing "F:\Propper". I don't have an F:\ drive.

2. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    You also don't have an utilmatlib.cpp file. That's the path of the code file where the failing code was at build time.

3. 404UserNotFound

Positive Ratings:
    Odd, I got the thing already built from https://github.com/tuxxi/propper-2013/releases/

So I'm entirely confused by this. It was working about a month or two ago, then I recently loaded up Hammer to find my Propper config missing, and so I re-added it and tried to compile a single triangle shaped brush (to act as a triforce piece) as a simple propper_model entity.

EDIT: Also I noticed the DLL name in TF2 is "MaterialSystem.dll". Tried changing it to "materialsystem.dll" but that didn't work.

EDIT 2: I checked the Github, it has the utilmatlib.cpp file. I'm looking right at it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  4. 404UserNotFound

Positive Ratings:
    Reinstalling Propper fixed that error, and it apparently compiles but I can't seem to find the resulting model anywhere and there's no .QC or .SMD in C:/propsource

Even more weirdness.