Propper Help - Need to fix the break

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Kill_the_Bug, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hi,

We all know that propper broke with the last big update 10/19/2011.

I tried to do the fix listed on this page:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Propper

But it's not working for me.

I'd like to get my custom payloads back into my map (put a HL2) texture on it instead of a TF2 one by mistake. But I need propper to fix it.

Any ideas how I get it working again?

2. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    I have recently used propper (yesterday) using this fix and have had no issues getting it to work. What specifically snagged you? What step?

3. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Checked it again

- copied files to the location indicated
    - loaded sdk 2009 - doesn't give me TF2 options "the configuration for the game you are trying to edit is invalid of missing

4. Rexy

aa Rexy The Kwisatz Haderach

Positive Ratings:
    The next step in the fix on the sdkwiki is to create a new configuration for using the 2009 sdk with TF2,

"Select Source SDK 2009, and double-click "Edit Game Configurations". Add the game you want to use Propper for, and make sure you use the engine version when you want to run Propper. "

You have to enter the information as it pertains to your filestructure, and I added propper in parentheses to remind myself this version is for propper.

[​IMG]

5. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    got everything up to the file path structure - I see these 3 buttons down on the bottom - which one do I press and then which file goes with which button

6. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    ok think I figured it out - used the vgui select box and used the path to the right bin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

testing it out now.