prop_static Leaking Into Map, But Not Near Void

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Paulsy B. Rapper, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Paulsy B. Rapper

Paulsy B. Rapper L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Some fence prop_statics are claimed by the compile log to be leaking, even after I move them several hammer units above the ground, where they are suspended in mid-air.
    upload_2018-6-14_10-56-10.png
    Deleting the fence that the red line is attached to doesn't help, it just moves to another one. I've tried http://www.interlopers.net/index.php?page=errors but that hasn't helped either. Anyone know what to do?

2. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord L0: Crappy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is that grass a displacement? If so, is there a world brush behind it? Displacements don't seal maps.

3. Paulsy B. Rapper

Positive Ratings:
    The grass is a displacement. What do you mean by a world brush behind it?

4. Da Spud Lord

aa Da Spud Lord L0: Crappy Member

Positive Ratings:
    A world brush is any brush that is not a displacement or tied to an entity. Only world brushes can seal maps and prevent leaks. When I say "world brush behind it", I mean positioning a world brush beneath the displacement, filling the hole created by the displacement to prevent leaks.

5. Startacker!

aa Startacker! L⛧: Hell's Bells

Positive Ratings:
    Displacements don't seal maps, so you'll need to put a brush (preferably one with nodraw as the texture) underneath it to seal it.

EDIT: Oh nice got silently ninja'd

6. Paulsy B. Rapper

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you both, your advice worked. Thank you!