Proof of concept: Territorial Payload Race

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
TC maps combined with PLR
Proof of concept (POC) Version: Alpha 1
Date: 19 august 2009

Why i made it? just because i think its fun to have such gamemode and because it can (even though its not easy to make it - it costed me a few hours solving all issues).

There are a few bugs/unfinished parts:
  • No working PLR hud (as those require CP groups and TC maps cant use those - *waiting for a fix from valve*)
  • Carts are made the lazymans way (copy paste from pipeline) and are a prop_dynamic (for some reason the prop_physics didnt teleport the right way). I have included the carts from the prefabs of the [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=4674"]Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack[/ame] but havent edited them to be working with the rest of the map. And are as a hidden visgroup atm. (found that pack a bit late)
  • The carts float (as the path_tracks are 8 units too high - too lazy to fix that yet)
  • No diagonal routes, Wasnt needed in this stage of the POC yet
  • The overview, was a bit lazy with that part (it however works as far as needed)
  • Winning a round gives wrong numbers in stages left to cap as it counts the rounds that can be played instead of the cps to cap.
  • Comments in the entities (i only did a few as a reminder for me)
  • A guide on how to use it

To download:

Click here for the compiled version Note that all the extra files like the overview arent packed together in the bsp.
Click here for the vmf just the vmf, for the overview .res download the compiled version

Note, all files in the zips do not have the _a1 part (i just did it with the zip for a quick look of the version). As its a proof of concept it shouldnt be played online especialy as there would be a massive spawnkill option in this map anyway. Later versions will overwrite the files.

NovaSilisko

L42: Life, the Universe and Everything
aa
Feb 3, 2009
Damn you! I was going to do this :c

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
Im probably not going to make a map for it (and if i do it would probably take way too long - i dont map that often). i still got cp_step and pl_donut to finish.

Be glad i already did it for you then :). Saves you alot of time trying to find out how it works.