Projectile problems

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Fragancia, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Fragancia

Fragancia L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hey guys, I've run into a bit of problem I can't seem to do anything about, rockets aren't exploding on impact, same with pyro's flaregun and scout can't pick up his sandman balls after throwing them.

Here's a bad video to show you what I mean
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Wway69Uq0

Is there any solution to this?

2. Fragancia

Positive Ratings:
    I think I've gotten some understanding to why this is happening when I looked at this problem more closer, there seems to be a limit on how many triggers can be active at once, I tried disabling the 37 overlapping triggers I have and the projectiles started to function as normal again.

The server kept spamming what you see in the following picture
    [​IMG]

Pretty interesting discovery, I previously thought you could use triggers as much you wanted, apparently not.

I still don't get how triggers are linked to projectiles...

3. RodionJenga

RodionJenga L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    (oversimplification)
    It has to do with the number of entities. Players and projectiles count as entities during actual play, so you need to allow enough extra 'room' for people to play on the map

4. Fragancia

Positive Ratings:
    The map the problem occured on is for testing filters and trigger combinations, so the entity count never went above 500 with 32 players, entdata was below 10%, pretty much everything was, so it couldn't have been that unless I'm misunderstanding you?