Production

MVM Production RC6

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

Suna

What's a greybox?
aa
Nov 10, 2017
upload_2019-10-7_23-53-22.png

Could you consider clipping this window a bit better, I keep getting stuck against it while fetching ammo and it's driving me bonkers
How did I do this
vxk5gizqwe.png

Suna

What's a greybox?
aa
Nov 10, 2017
+Improved skybox/OOB visuals
+Reworked spawn to be less confusing (and look much better)
+Reworked the warehouse section to be a proper route
+Improved detail around the munitions building
+Improved road at tank spawn
+Fixed robots spawning within view of players
+Fixed clipping issues
+Mission Improvements
20191021020334_1.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

Suna

What's a greybox?
aa
Nov 10, 2017
Isn't it funny how I've seemed to update each area one-by-one? Glad that's all done and there's no areas left that have barely changed since alpha.

Wait, that doesn't seem right.

(Major update coming soon, in case you couldn't tell)

Suna

What's a greybox?
aa
Nov 10, 2017
20191204203627_1.jpg

Been working on this one for a while now, hopefully this goes without a hitch.
  • Greatly improved visuals at the 'front' area. It's pretty much a complete rework.
  • Tanks can now spawn at gate B
  • Sniper bots now spawn in tank tunnel.
  • Sentry busters now spawn in gate A.
  • Each gate can now be opened separately mid-wave. (Actually, they MUST be opened mid-wave, as they no longer open automatically when a wave starts.)
  • Detailing changes to the Distillery and the adjoining flank.
  • Optimisation pass, as it seems like past-me forgot what a func_detail was.
  • Altered engineer spawn points, and fixed some that were previously non-functional. Also, removed teleporters from engi bots that spawn close to the hatch.
  • Fixed several bomb-stuck spots. (What is this, a CS:GO map?)
  • Added an extra bomb for those who want it. (You can enable it through second_bomb_enable/second_bomb_enable_ironman, they will be disabled each wave by default.)
  • Navigation improvements, mainly around the train. It should now be easier to kill bots with it now.
  • Sniper bot improvements. Expect them to be more effective now.
  • Altered location of some pickups.
  • Moved a fence at the 'front' to the corner of the ramp, in an attempt for better cover.
  • Moved the two barrel props at the ramp platform to the main area so snipers don't get fucked over by the new fence placement.
  • The 'generator platform' has been replaced by a small building with a window.
  • Replaced the awful train sign with a proper, non-train sign.
  • Some robot spawn locations in both missions have been changed to work better with the separate gate opening mechanic.
Assuming no-one finds any game-breaking bugs, this will be the final update. Thanks to everyone who playtested, especially the people over at potatos mvm who helped a lot with the mission creation process.
Hopefully, you never saw this coming; as it's your last surprise.

Fun map facts:
  • The map has doubled in file size since A1
  • A total of 22 missions have been created (mostly early versions of DD and FF)
  • 69 bugs fixed (nice)
  • Fastest speedrun is 19:31
  • 2136 complaints from Hell-met
  • A ton of fucking robots destroyed
(For real though please let me know if anything's broken)
20191204203526_1.jpg

Read the rest of this update entry...

TheGhostThatWas

L1: Registered
May 19, 2014
I've had a lot of fun playing this on the creators.tf update! Overall it feels great unless you're pushed into the last point, since there's no high ground or routes of escape, it's basically impossible to make any sort of comeback once you're trapped.

Suna

What's a greybox?
aa
Nov 10, 2017
It's been two years since the last update, so how do I feel about this map now?
Meh. People seem to enjoy the gameplay, but I've felt it as being a generally mediocre map overall. Time to change that, I think.

MAJOR UPDATE INCOMING

What to expect:
  • Re-artpass
I'm re-artpassing the whole map to both add some more variety in the type of environments and bring the map closer to the theme i'm trying to convey ( A distillery in the middle of the badlands).

• Major route changes
The map has (in my opinion) some pretty bad routes. The gameplay is fine, but it all feels rather dull and safe. I want to lean more into the idea of two main routes with a couple of variations, and improving gameplay in areas that need it. (Everywhere, lol)

• More missions
I'll be adding another advanced mission, as well as an intermediate and expert.

• Better ways to reset the bomb
Deathpits. No trains.

• Better support for mission makers
Currently the support is rather lacking, I want to improve this as much as possible.

• And much more!
"Much more" not guaranteed.

I'm aiming to have this out by the end of the month, but i'll be posting more updates as I progress!

Will Alfred

L2: Junior Member
Oct 13, 2020
Cant wait for this update! If you're going to playtest it, please @ Me when that happens, this map seems a HELL of a project to re-artpass!