problems with donator, upload/SM

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by Sgt Frag, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Sgt Frag

Sgt Frag L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    I uploaded my map (bsp.bz2) but when Icarus tried to load it in game said it's not on server. (thanks to whoever uploaded it)

I used the uploader on the servers page. The icon (tf2) turns as it loads, takes a few minutes... But I never get an error. So it seems successful.

Also on the server /admin, !admin, etc... always give me the 'you don't have access to that command' (I've tried several from the thread of commands also).

I did make sure to put my Steam ID in so now it shows when I'm in game, in my posts. But I did that AFTER donating. Is that the problem? When I donated it didn't have my steam id so it just never registered?

Admin thing really isn't that big of a deal, but I did try to help out wed when Okrag was down but couldn't do anything and the few maps I uploaded got the same thing from another admin (map not uploaded).
    i've also been trying to have my map ready and on the server but I guess that hasn't been working.

2. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    Your steam ID needs to be in the form of STEAM_X:X:XXXXXXXX to get admin privileges on the servers.

Also, did you make sure that the entire map uploaded? Did the page refresh when you were done?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Sgt Frag

Positive Ratings:
    Don't know if it refreshed, I'll keep an eye on that next time.

I don't think there is any clue to the fact it needs to do that. But I have tried several maps and seem to get the same result.

Also think I got my id right, but I'll double check that too.

4. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    double check your id and let me know if it works. as for the uploader, ill run some tests tomorrow and see if i cant find anything. thanks for bringing it to my attention.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    It works when I upload using IE.

Seems to break when I use FF :/

6. nik

nik L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've used Opera and Firefox to try to upload maps, and neither work for me currently.

7. Sgt Frag

Positive Ratings:
    Haven't got a chance to check my id (I'm sure it's right) and haven't gotten a chance to try another upload (no new vers yet).

but I WAS using FF. (does it have a flaw?)

8. Sgt Frag

Positive Ratings:
    Just wanted to confirm that using IE instead of FF worked. Page reloaded and it said 'uploaded'

9. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    i was using chrome and it was working for me. it could be a specific firefox issue. ill talk to gadget and see whats up.

10. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    I'm having problems with upload on firefox too. IE works fine, but FF instead of 'file successfully uploaded' gives me the 'only .bsp.bz2 files are allowed' message even though the files are .bsp.bz2

11. Mr. Wimples

Mr. Wimples L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm having a problem uploading also, and my admin privileges aren't applied on the SM either.
    I keep getting the message:

Additionally, your "contact us!" link 404s.

EDIT: I am using IE to attempt my uploads.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011