Problem with Trigger entities

Aaron

L1: Registered
Jul 3, 2011
I'm probably being an idiot and missing something, but when I go to edit a trigger after it's been put in the map, double clicking brings up the VisGroup dialog and editing using the keyboard shortcut removes all of the properties to do with the trigger and I have to start again. What am I doing wrong, or if it's a problem with Hammer, how do I fix it?

Thanks. It's been bugging me for a while now and means map making for me is simply impossible to do.

Fruity Snacks

Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums
aa
Sep 5, 2010
1) did you hit crtl+t to make it an entity int he first place
2) do you have "solids" group select on? It in on the right side of hammer if you haven't touched that. It can also be added by going to tools or view and then screen elements. If you have solids selected, it won't show up as an entity, you need to switch to group or object.

Aaron

Jul 3, 2011
1. I have the problem with ones I put in and from prefabs. Sometimes it may be my fault (yes, Ctrl+T. D'oh for me) but ones from prefabs still have that same problem.
2. I do indeed have that on.

Ah. Got it. Select Groups instead. Thanks. :D

TonyFox

Jul 2, 2011
Objects works just as well. Just as long as you're not in Solids mode. Related: Make sure you're in Objects/Groups mode when you copy/paste a brush entity as well, otherwise you'll just end up pasting the brush as a world brush, not an entity.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
That's the same thing, actually. Ignore groups existed first, and then they expanded the options to differentiate between objects and groups and added the new buttons. However they still toggle the same thing (clicking one button clicks the other).