Problem with lighting

Lokfeyn

L1: Registered
Dec 4, 2018
Hello , so I just wanted to make my first map and when I added lighting it all got weird take a look , any help is appreciated.
lqmgkt
lqmgkm
lqmgc6

Attachments

• download5.png
    download5.png
    29.1 KB · Views: 92
  • download2.png
    download2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • download4.png
    download4.png
    954.7 KB · Views: 82
  • download1.png
    download1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 95

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
The odd geometric lighting you have on the walls of image 4 look like light is shining through glass, or something else slightly refractive. For image 3, you just need a light entity down there to brighten it up

Lokfeyn

L1: Registered
Dec 4, 2018
The odd geometric lighting you have on the walls of image 4 look like light is shining through glass, or something else slightly refractive. For image 3, you just need a light entity down there to brighten it up

the image 4 has problems same as image 2 , and image 2 doesnt have weird geometric skybox , image 3 the main point is the ramp side has weird lighting same goes for inside , instead of single shadow there is shadow inside shadow

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
the image 4 has problems same as image 2 , and image 2 doesnt have weird geometric skybox , image 3 the main point is the ramp side has weird lighting same goes for inside , instead of single shadow there is shadow inside shadow
The 'shadow inside a shadow' is just because of how light is bouncing in the map. Just add a light entity and you'll get no shadows like that there

Da Spud Lord

Occasionally I make maps
aa
Mar 23, 2017
As DrSquishy has commented already, the "weird" lighting is likely a result of the Source engine doing repeated light bounces. Images 2 and 4 are caused by the sun shining in at an angle, so one of the walls is casting shadows on the other wall. Image 3 is caused by the roof casting shadows. The easiest fixes would be to just add some light entities to these areas. Images 1 and 3 could alternatively be fixed by having a more overhead sun angle.