Problem with hammer.

Micnax

Back from the dead (again)
aa
Apr 25, 2009
Does this give me a chance to post this again?

bjM3g.png

But yeah, c'mon Valve, we shouldn't need a dxlevel fix to have to run the program correctly.

Muffin7

L1: Registered
Oct 28, 2012
What I have done is create a folder and named it "dxsupport.cgf" thats in "\Steam\steamapps\user\sourcesdk\bin\orangebox\bin" seemed to fix it for me

Pretty sure this does the same exact thing as -dxlevel 80, which means it also causes a lot of instability and crashes

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Noooo! Don't hack a solution! Then they'll use that as an excuse to never release an official fix!

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
Update: Guys at Valve have narrowed it down to a new import process for getting items in the game. No ETA. They are working on it now. Working with them to narrow down the bugs over email.

Last edited by a moderator:

Untouch

L4: Comfortable Member
Jan 25, 2010
The SFM hammer works.

OFC it's missing things though, but it doesn't crash every 5 minutes.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Aaaaaaaaaaaand we're back to normal. Out of curiosity I checked the Model Viewer input bug as well, and it looks like that was resolved as well. Did you happen to mention that in your email, Yyler?

PHISH

L1: Registered
Sep 14, 2012
awesome news! Too bad the only mapping I'll be doing tonight is on the face of a pumpkin. The only time its okay to use the carve tool...

static2601

L2: Junior Member
Nov 4, 2010
awesome news! Too bad the only mapping I'll be doing tonight is on the face of a pumpkin. The only time its okay to use the carve tool...

I use the carving tool all the time, but only on square openings like doors or windows.

NoodleCollie

Stoat fiend
aa
Jul 30, 2009
Usually clipping does just as good a job (if not better) with making window holes, since you can choose which direction to cut first (ie. splitting longer brush sides into two shorter sides instead of vice-versa).