Problem with hammer.

soylent robot

L420: High Member
May 26, 2009
i guess its looking like this for you guys too?

wat.jpg

i cant zoom out too far on the 2d windows and i have these massive shiny things in the 3d view

Sep 7, 2012
O.O

My 2d views don't show anything.
my 3d view works, but none of the tools show anything (like what i have selected, etc....)

I have no clue about my models....

has anyone tried deleting everything and reinstalling? Is that even possible?

Spipper

Former cheese man Gorgonzola
aa
Feb 18, 2012
i cant zoom out too far on the 2d windows and i have these massive shiny things in the 3d view

Those massive shiny things are control point props. Apparently, the props do not vanish, but instead grows to enormous size, like if they were in some sort of skybox.

Hammerwhy.PNG

Burnout6010

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 14, 2012
O.O

My 2d views don't show anything.
my 3d view works, but none of the tools show anything (like what i have selected, etc....)

I have no clue about my models....

has anyone tried deleting everything and reinstalling? Is that even possible?

It doesn't even come from the SDK itself ... but from TF2. Only. Apparently a new model format

Sep 7, 2012
It seems elsewhere on the internet they are having the same problem.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, no use.
It looks like we're going to have to wait for a fix from Valve. :S

Burnout6010

L5: Dapper Member
Oct 14, 2012
There's a new update ! Can someone look if thr SDK is fixed ? I know the change log doesn't mention anything

Ravidge

Grand Vizier
aa
May 14, 2008
Hammer has got to be one of the most used, long-running programs that has never ever been stable and near-always featuring critical bugs that make no sense.
People just put up with it, it's just "hammer doing its thing, again".

In other cases, there's always 1 dude (or a team of dudes) who gets so sick of it they eventually make their own replacement for the program, which somehow hasn't happened yet with Hammer, I am quite surprised.

(Back in the day you downloaded custom vbsp, vvis, vrad exe files though, that people had made/modified)

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
I'm quite surprised no one ever made a custom hammer either. VMF's are very easy to understand, and the compiling could easily be done through valve's exe's.

fubarFX

The "raw" in "nodraw"
aa
Jun 1, 2009
First they made hammer destroy game logic.

Then they made the c h and u keys stop working in the model selector.

Then they made all models stop displaying.

Oh boy oh boy.

and if you guys didn't know, there's also this weird crash with custom overlays and sv_pure 2. it makes testing maps on our server quite irritating http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5181650/crashreport.pdf

tyler

aa
Sep 11, 2013
You'll all be pleased to know I emailed the TF team and Tony Paloma CCed me on his own email to the rest of the team. They seem to be aware of the issue and are working on it. No ETA given.

PHISH

L1: Registered
Sep 14, 2012
awesome, thank you for doing that! It's never clear where we're supposed to report these issues when they happen...

Jan 8, 2011
Until then, let's just sit around here and twiddle our thumbs. We now have a new problem on our hands: what to do as a mapping community that can't map.

Jackim

L1: Registered
Jun 20, 2012
You'll all be pleased to know I emailed the TF team and Tony Paloma CCed me on his own email to the rest of the team. They seem to be aware of the issue and are working on it. No ETA given.

What did his email say? Just mentioning the issues?