Problem with entity creation

notpingas

L1: Registered
Aug 5, 2017
I got into some trouble while practising map design.

When I click my world to create an entity, it spawns a prop_static about 650 HU:s south from where it's supposed to spawn. The problem does not fade if I change the spawned object from the settings, nor does quitting Hammer entirely solve my issue. I first ran into the problem trying to spawn a prefab door using Boojum Snark's toolkit.

I can compensate for the wrong object spawning, but it's quite annoying compared to when I started off. Can some one please help me out of this mess? I will greatly appreciate it.

Yabayabayaba

L5: Dapper Member
Jun 2, 2016
does it happen on different maps? or over games? Try verifying the integrity of game files (this includes hammer I believe). If nothing works you could always reinstall hammer (but only as a last resort).

notpingas

Aug 5, 2017
The only game I map for is TF2, otherwise I wouldn't be here. Also, after restarting, the entity tool did create prop dynamics where I wanted them, but right as I tried to spawn a prefab door again, the issue returned. I think it's an issue with my Boojum Snark's kit.

Yabayabayaba

Jun 2, 2016
abs pack comes with an uninstaller, just run it, and then rerun the installer

notpingas

Aug 5, 2017
Can you give me the directory path? I'll look around, but do tell me if you know where it's at.

Edit: Nevermind, found it. Same place where yours is.

Yabayabayaba

Jun 2, 2016
mine is in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2 but yours may differ

notpingas

Aug 5, 2017
Alright, after reinstalling the resource pack, the problem is no more. Thank you Yaba for guiding me through this "Have you tried turning it on and off again?". I appreciate it.

Yabayabayaba

Jun 2, 2016
glad to help! maybe I should make a guide for trouble shooting for the next 72hr;)