Problem with climbing cart on pl map

Uoren

L1: Registered
Aug 1, 2011
Hi I have little problem with cart on my map. I have many climb-up places, but when cart climbing her speed not change and on HUD i can see only big blue stripe without places where you can view climb-up arrows. Please tell me where I can find the problem?

PS. I making cart by tutorial by http://developer.valvesoftware.com. And map have only climbing-up places.
And sorry for bad english.

GenEn

L1: Registered
Jul 16, 2010
To change the speed, go to properties on the path_track entity at the bottom of the ramp. It will have a "new train speed" option, which if you lower, then the cart will move slower once it reaches that path_track. You can raise the speed value once it reaches the top of the ramp again by changing the new speed value again on the path_track at the top.

Also, there's a rollback HUD tutorial on the developer wiki;
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/TF2/Creating_Rollback/Rollforward_zones_for_payload_maps

Hope this helps!

English Mobster

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 10, 2011
To get more specific, here's what you need to do:
First, set up 3 path_tracks. 1 at the bottom, 1 at the top, and 1 just past the top. Let's call those paths a, b, and c.
Go to the "Flags" on path a and b and check "Rollback Zone on HUD". That'll make it so your HUD will show up correctly and the cart rolls back right.
On path a, create a new output. Target your team_train_watcher and give it the output SetSpeedForwardModifier with a parameter of .5. This will halve the speed of the cart as it rolls up the hill.
On path b, create another new output. Again, target your team_train_watcher with the output SetSpeedForwardModifier with a parameter of 1. This will reset your cart to its original speed.
Finally, on path c, create a new output. Target path b and give it the output DisablePath. Now the cart will stop just before it rolls down the hill (otherwise it will be buggy and look bad).
Now your rollback zone should work!