Problem making DJ room

obodobear

L4: Comfortable Member
Mar 15, 2016
So i've been trying to make a dj room in my trade map. I made it so the buttons will lock when you play a song. I was told to use OnIn outputs but whenever I tried to hit the button or anything nothing happened. I then tried using on damaged but that caused the game to lag like crazy and the song to stop if you hit a 2nd button. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong? thanks

(The Dj room is located under the map in a little structure on top of a bigger structure it is orange and grey)

Attachments

• trade_justplay_436.vmf
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:

obodobear

Mar 15, 2016
*update

So I was just comparing my room to another and I saw that it had the flag "is not looped" unchecked, I'm not able to compile my map right now and idk if this will help with anything I just thought it was worth mentioning

obodobear

Mar 15, 2016
*other update*

So i ran my map with the "is not looped flag" unchecked, and it still does nothing when i hit the buttons with OnIn outputs. Wheni used on damaged however the map no longer lags a bunch when u hit a second button but it will still play the other song meaning the lock outputs arent working

henke37

aa
Sep 23, 2011
Use OnPressed for buttons. That way the lock status is respected and people who have bound +use will be able to avoid the weapon damage mechanics.

The Letter Before A

Cool Idiot
Jul 15, 2016
Fun fact, if sounds have loop points, they will loop even if you set it not to loop.