Problem making DJ room

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by obodobear, Sep 6, 2016.

1. obodobear

obodobear L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    So i've been trying to make a dj room in my trade map. I made it so the buttons will lock when you play a song. I was told to use OnIn outputs but whenever I tried to hit the button or anything nothing happened. I then tried using on damaged but that caused the game to lag like crazy and the song to stop if you hit a 2nd button. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong? thanks

(The Dj room is located under the map in a little structure on top of a bigger structure it is orange and grey)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  2. obodobear

Positive Ratings:
    *update

So I was just comparing my room to another and I saw that it had the flag "is not looped" unchecked, I'm not able to compile my map right now and idk if this will help with anything I just thought it was worth mentioning

3. obodobear

Positive Ratings:
    *other update*

So i ran my map with the "is not looped flag" unchecked, and it still does nothing when i hit the buttons with OnIn outputs. Wheni used on damaged however the map no longer lags a bunch when u hit a second button but it will still play the other song meaning the lock outputs arent working

4. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Use OnPressed for buttons. That way the lock status is respected and people who have bound +use will be able to avoid the weapon damage mechanics.

5. The Letter Before A

The Letter Before A Cool Idiot

Positive Ratings:
    Fun fact, if sounds have loop points, they will loop even if you set it not to loop.