problem: bots spawn in the wrong place (on top of me)

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Melt, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Melt

Melt L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Ok, so I have an early build of a map I'd like to mess around with bots in.

I have rudimentary respawn rooms for each team with info_player_teamspawns that seem to work fine for me (the player).

I ran a nav_generate and added some bots: the result is that they all spawned stacked ontop of me, regardless of team, resulting in a bloody mess (kind of like the end of The Fly).

What am I missing here? How do I make the bots spawn in the normal info_player_teamspawns?

Thanks

2. Bermuda Cake

Bermuda Cake L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    try raising your info_player_teamspawns above the ground. Also, set them to the corresponding team.

3. Jakkarra

Jakkarra L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    You should also remember to name each info_player_teamspawn Uniquely.

4. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    What? :O No. No not ever. There is certainly no need for this and I am hard pressed to imagine any map situation where you would want to.

5. Jakkarra

Jakkarra L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    What? WHenever i create my Teamspawns they always seem to fail unless i name them uniquely, generally just "Spawn1" and such.

6. Fraz

aa Fraz Blu Hatte, Greyscale Backdrop.

Positive Ratings:
    Then you're doing it wrong.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    More like "Then you're trying to kill your computer with 32 spawns uniquely named"

8. Melt

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the replies, but I've already double checked all of those problems.

Maybe it's the latest patch or something that messed it up... i donno. I'll keep at it

9. Melt

Positive Ratings:
    Ok, looks like the problem is that I forgot to specify "Red spawn for round"

Thanks guys, sorry for noobin' it up

10. Exist

Exist L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Just a little more info on possible problems so if anyone finds this thread their will be no reason to bump.

Players spawn on top of each other if there is not enough spawn points to cater to them (for example, if there is 4 spawn points and 8 players, spawned players will layer).

Try to place spawns off the ground. 16 Hammer units off isn't noticeable and is recommended.

Do not place spawn points close together. Try to place them atlest 16 hammer units apart, larger is recommended.