Preventing teammates re-entering spawn room

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by vonDelson, Mar 16, 2010.

1. vonDelson

vonDelson L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi all!

For my next project I'm looking for a way to prevent teammates from re-entering their own spawn room. At the moment, I solved this problem with a spawn room door which can be opened via a trigger_multiple on just one side of the door (the spawn room side). Off course, this works like a charm. But, players can still re-enter the spawn room when the door is opened by another player in the spawn room. Is there any way I could block players with an invisible one-way wall?

Thanks in advance!

2. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    I cheap solution would be a trigger_push set to a value high enough that the player can't fight against it to get through.

Don't set it too high though or people will notice/abuse it somewhow.

3. Icarus

aa Icarus

Positive Ratings:
    If you make it a drop down with a one-way door, it should be virtually impossible to get back up.

4. Tehrasha

Tehrasha L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    The very quick and dirty way to make a 1-way door.
    Works regardless of team affiliation.

Edit #1 :: Its a teleporter.

Edit #2 :: For completeness, you should add a func_respawnroomvisualizer entity between the teleporter and the destination. Then set its filter so both teams will be blocked from entering.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  5. grazr

aa grazr Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle

Positive Ratings:
    You might wanna tell him that it's a teleporter. I only knew because of the images name.

6. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, it requires tricks. Vertical drops, sneaky teleports, precise triggers, push entities, etc.

7. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    I don't advocate using tricks really. Players shouldn't have a reason to want to go back through one way spawn exits.

8. StickZer0

aa StickZer0 💙💙💃💙💙

Positive Ratings:
    Displacements will work, but only if you make sure the player goes the whole way through and doesn't decide to chicken out halfway.

9. vonDelson

vonDelson L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thank you all for those suggestions. I really appreciate it, but none of them will really work in my map. I'll find another solution...

(kinda strange that there's no standard one-way wall entity in the game)