Presents

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Repel, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Repel

Repel L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hello, starting my first TF2 map. Decided to make it a snow map since its getting closer to Christmas, only started this map an hour ago so I've only got one screenshot of the spawn building. Enjoy. ;)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  2. Micnax

aa Micnax I maek map

Positive Ratings:
    Looks nice at the moment, but don't have it fullbright at all. Just add an env_sun and some lights to have some nice lighting, because fullbright makes everything look plain horrible. :3

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Omnomnick

Omnomnick L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    What Joodude said, apart from you need to work alot on the openness of the outdoor area and your single screenshot doesn't really show much about the entire map, is that building where the CP is? Is it RED spawn? We don't know, more screenshots please! :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Repel

Positive Ratings:
    I haven't started the outdoor area yet and it's the red spawn. Added a screenshot of the inside of it and I also turned off fullbright. :)

5. Dr. ROCKZO

Dr. ROCKZO L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    By adding a Sun and lights I hope? Obviously this map isn't really a map yet, you were just securing the name so I am going to let you build it up before offering any Criticism or Ideas..

Keep up the Good Work!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. strangemodule

strangemodule L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I have to admit, what you have done so far is pretty detailed.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Stormcaller3801

Stormcaller3801 L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Just as a useful note, if you're going to use that texture on posts and other things that are taller than they are wide, try rotating it 90 degrees. It seems to really help with the appearance. of course, that might require redoing your fence section there in the first screenshot, but it might help for other bits.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Repel

Positive Ratings:
    For some reason when I compiled and loaded up my map alot of brushes went invisible, anyone know how to fix it? :mellow:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  9. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings: