PLR Circuit Logic

[PREFAB] Payload Circuit Gametype v2

14bit

L14: Bit Member
aa
Oct 5, 2014
Here's the basic gametype logic for my "Payload Circuit" map that I did for April Fools day. It was originally intended to be a joke, but it actually plays quite well, and several people asked how I did it.

DOWNLOAD HERE!

Both teams must push their cart into the rear end of the other team's cart. An explosion and silly physics ensue.

If you want to try it out, check out plr_orbit!

Disclaimer: I didn't do this all myself. This was based off of the single stage PLR entity setup from A Boojum Snark's gametype library, and the overtime system i snagged from plr_nightfall.

Known issues:
  • Overtime won't activate unless at least one cart has moved past the first path_track
  • Carts remain active (although invisible) after the round has ended
  • Warning sounds and announcer lines play when a cart reaches the end of the track on the HUD
  • Rollback zones DO NOT WORK. They cause... issues. Rollforwards zones are fine.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

PLR Circuit Logic - For all your circular Payload Race needs!

Here's the basic gametype logic for my "Payload Circuit" map that I did for April Fools day back in 2015. It was originally intended to be a joke, but it actually played quite well, and several people asked how I did it.

Originally posted a few days after the April Fools event in 2015, this new prefab has been updated for 2018 with several improvements over the old template.

Both teams must push their cart into the rear end of the other team's cart. An explosion and silly physics ensue.

If you want to try it out, check out plr_orbit!

Logic originally based off of the single stage PLR entity setup from A Boojum Snark's gametype library, and the overtime system is based off of the one from plr_nightfall.

Known issues:
  • Overtime won't activate unless at least one cart has moved past the first path_track
  • Warning sounds and announcer lines play when a cart reaches the end of the track on the HUD
  • Rollback zones DO NOT WORK. They cause... issues. Rollforwards zones are fine.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Last edited:

Anreol

L2: Junior Member
Feb 21, 2015
I love that map... so original, i never saw something like that.
Thanks for the prefab

Anreol

L2: Junior Member
Feb 21, 2015
Now i`m finally gonna to use it...
But how it works?
If i want to make the path larger, i just need to create a new path_track, and then set (for example) track_blu_7, link it with track_blu_08 and then with track_red_base.
Both carts will continue without any problem?