Pre-Placing Buildables on a Map

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by PeterNorthsStuntDouble, Aug 7, 2009.

1. PeterNorthsStuntDouble

PeterNorthsStuntDouble L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey everyone, this is probably a pretty easy question but I searched here and Google and couldn't find the answer, probably just because I don't know the correct terminology for what I'm trying to do.

I'm working on a practice spy map for myself (cuz I suck at spy and want to improve without bugging my friends to help me) and was wondering how to put buildables such as sentries, dispensers, and teleporters into a map so I don't need to have a friend there as engy to build them.

Thanks for your time.

2. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    sentries and deispersers are obj_ followed by the desired buildable but teleporters cannot be made in this way.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. PeterNorthsStuntDouble

PeterNorthsStuntDouble L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Awesome, thanks for your help.

4. Terr

aa Terr Cranky Coder

Positive Ratings:
    You want this:
    [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=4674"]Ultimate Mapping Resource Pack - TF2Maps.net Forums[/ame]

It allows you to select obj_sentrygun etc. from the drop-down etc. and shows the Sentry model in Hammer.

5. Owlruler

Owlruler L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    obj_sentrygun and obj_dispenser were already there, ABS only added extra I/O's and flag.