Powerplant

MVM Powerplant RC1 (Reupload)

• This map is featured! Our best maps, all together in one place for your viewing pleasure.

EArkham

Necromancer
aa
Aug 14, 2009
We played expert on this earlier with the MvM Potato/Iron Gauntlet group. Really good map, actually. Great, easy-to-learn layout. Had a lot of fun jumping around various areas as scout.

The expert waves felt pretty good to me, though bear in mind I don't have a ton of MvM experience. Maybe the arrival of the tanks in the last wave could be spaced out just a touch, but I'll leave those sorts of suggestions for Spycrab.

I was concerned the map might be too small to fight off the waves, but that wasn't a problem at all.

Looks like you already addressed the lighting as I don't remember seeing any super bright spotlights. In fact, the whole map looked really great. So overall I don't have much feedback other than "great job!"

Gadget

aa
Mar 10, 2008

FunkEdge

L3: Member
Jan 14, 2017
could i ask how big the map is in hammer units? working on my first MVM map and have no idea of scaling for this game mode.

Hydrogen

MvM Maniac
Apr 5, 2017
could i ask how big the map is in hammer units? working on my first MVM map and have no idea of scaling for this game mode.

I'll let @Gadget answer this more precisely when he gets a chance, but from what I remember when writing the pop files for this map, it's about the size of decoy. Use the Valve maps to get some idea for the scale, but don't overscale your map too much. You have short maps like decoy to medium-sized ones like coaltown/mannworks and long ones like bigrock (the biggest Valve map in TF2). The bigger your map is the longer (and more harsh) your waves will have to be.

Gadget

aa
Mar 10, 2008

Here's a screenshot from Hammer, the squares are 1024x1024 units. The best way to get the size right is to decompile some of the mvm maps and have a closer look. You should also measure the walking distances in seconds from the spawn to the bomb pit (or other routes), preferably with the Heavy since he's the slowest.

mvm_powerplant_hammer.jpg

GeezJordan!

L1: Registered
Jan 9, 2018
Damn this looks good, good layout, and overall want it in the game already.