Portal

Docter Jones

L1: Registered
Jan 23, 2011
Hello, I've been working on a map, and I've noticed that it takes a long time to compile the portalflow. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could speed up this process? Of course other than using the fast compile settings.

I'm working on a surf map, if that makes any difference.

Edit: Sorry, I meant to name the thread time "Portal Flow"

nik

L12: Fabulous Member
Aug 14, 2009
You need to optimize. The easiest way for your map would be to load your portal file. (Map-->load portal file)

You need to make complex brushes that aren't important to block sightlines (ie. walls, ceilings) into func_detail. It's the first thing that happens when you hit ctrl + T on a brush that's selected.

Basically just take all the areas that have a huge amount of blue lines with the portal file loaded, and make the complex brushes in those areas into func_detail.

Docter Jones

L1: Registered
Jan 23, 2011
You need to optimize. The easiest way for your map would be to load your portal file. (Map-->load portal file)

You need to make complex brushes that aren't important to block sightlines (ie. walls, ceilings) into func_detail. It's the first thing that happens when you hit ctrl + T on a brush that's selected.

Basically just take all the areas that have a huge amount of blue lines with the portal file loaded, and make the complex brushes in those areas into func_detail.

Thank you very much for this suggestion. My compile time went from 2 hours to 5 minutes.