Bereth

L4: Comfortable Member
Dec 13, 2011

Monsterclip

L2: Junior Member
Jul 9, 2011
A Fun Test

"We have tested this test and the metrics have proven that it is fun."

Of course none of that is actually true, so please try it if you get a chance!

600x337.resizedimage

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=71647738

Freyja

aa
Jul 31, 2009
Monsterclip, I kept running into a few problems with yours. First, the angled panel in the first room is way too hard to hit and the right angle due to the slightly unpredictable nature of faith plates. If you miss it the first time, ie, not fall from the door platform, it's really hard.

Then, the cubes in room 2 can get stuck, not pressing the buttons, rather off to the side of the buttons, really easily, and there's no way to get them back without restarting.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Someone on SPUF made an excellent suggestion the other day (I know, shocking): That people should be required to successfully make their way through a puzzle — with cheats off — before they're allowed to vote on it. Right now they can do it right from the Workshop, which means puzzles that are technically impossible could end up getting upvoted for the lulz.

Monsterclip

Jul 9, 2011
Aly, the cubes are totally fixable when they don't land on the buttons in room 2. Quite easily, actually.

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Instead, I think completing the puzzle, sans cheats, should be part of the submission process. Also allows you to get Ingame screenshots.

That might also have been part of the SPUF post, come to think of it. And yeah, that's definitely even better.

Trotim

aa
Jul 14, 2009
I dunno. Doesn't that stop impossible puzzles getting rated down?

Instead, I think completing the puzzle, sans cheats, should be part of the submission process. Also allows you to get Ingame screenshots.

Someone on SPUF made an excellent suggestion the other day (I know, shocking): That people should be required to successfully make their way through a puzzle — with cheats off — before they're allowed to vote on it. Right now they can do it right from the Workshop, which means puzzles that are technically impossible could end up getting upvoted for the lulz.

I'd really like to see that as well. Both for players before they can vote, and for authors before they can submit.

On top of that there can be a "Of x players who played, y players have completed this map" that helps you gauge difficulty.

Monsterclip

Jul 9, 2011
I could not find a way. I died, many times, trying to get them. You need a button up there that can retrieve them.

Aly, would you mind watching this and let me know if this was an option for you, and if so, why it didn't seem like something you could do? Just trying to learn why you thought it was broken instead of trying to figure it out more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-D1ztZxybI&feature=youtu.be

Note: in the video, both cubes trigger the buttons, but I know that doesn't happen often and I designed the map around having to fix the cubes.

Thanks!

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
New one with a name! Ladies and gentlemantises, I give you Feedback!

Fair warning: Until you 'get' it, it will be hard and probably frustrating.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Yeah I forgot that the glass paneling was actually serving a purpose so you can skip the final part! D: