plr symmetry

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by bob+M|M+, Jun 1, 2009.

1. bob+M|M+

bob+M|M+ L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    So we all know that plr_pipeline has reflectional symmetry instead of rotational. I'm really curious why they do this... afterall, there is an inherit imbalance, giving the team that turns left more often an advantage. (for those that don't know, your ammo expels from the right of your crosshair)

any ideas?

2. TheBladeRoden

TheBladeRoden L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    What's weirder is that they could have avoided that whole crossing tracks bit

3. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    I assume that was done on purpose, not an "oh crap they cross now we need to prevent collision"

4. cornontheCoD

cornontheCoD L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    VALVe said in a future update that they will allow players to choose which side the gun is on.

5. An Icy Mouse

aa An Icy Mouse

Positive Ratings:
    I hope thats on a per-gun basis since they got the huntsman the wrong way around and I don't want to swap ALL my guns just to have a correct bow.
    having my own bow makes certain things like this about the huntsman really irk me, another major problem is the string bends completely wrong (the part where it's hooked over the top and bottom of the bow doesn't get pulled taught) and the actual bow itself doesn't bend... has no one at valve ever used a bow?? D: