plr stage 3 carts missing! HALP

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
So I'm almost ready to release my plr map for alpha testing and it all seems to work up until stage 3.

At the begining of the stage, the HUD only shows red's cart and progress which is already halfway across the bar. I walked out of spawn to discover no red or blu cart where they should have started, so I noclipped to stage 2 and there they were :confused:

I'm pretty sure I have everything set up correctly, I used ABS's gametype library but it just won't work.

Please, if you know or think you know what I need to do, answer here.

Thanks in advance, Jack

J4CK8

Mar 4, 2009
You installed the FGD right?

Yeah, the only thing I can really see that could be wrong is the teleporting of the carts. Becuase my map doesn't give you a headstart in stage 2 (only in stgae 3) I had to change the teleport bit, and I may have chaned the stage 3 teleport by accident?

Could you give me an example of what outputs should be on the control point to make the carts spawn a bit further forwards?

Thanks

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
The math_counter and logic_case at the bottom of the stack are what control advancing the cart in the third stage. Counter should have the following:

inputs.png

and the case should have these:

outputs.png

with a single OnGetValue linking the counter to the case.

(and all entities those I/O reference should exist)

J4CK8

Mar 4, 2009
The math_counter and logic_case at the bottom of the stack are what control advancing the cart in the third stage. Counter should have the following:

inputs.png

and the case should have these:

outputs.png

with a single OnGetValue linking the counter to the case.

(and all entities those I/O reference should exist)

That has half worked. The carts are now at the correct starting point however the HUD still only shows red's progress bar from stage 2, but this time it isn't half full.

Also do you know how to make the cart fall forwards down a slope? I had a quick try but failed quite badly.

Thanks