Please help map no longer working

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Stann, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Stann

Stann L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    hi im new to the forum so i think this is where i should put this post. Anyway i have been making a map and its worked every tim i have tested it. Except now its not working i have checked for errors..there are none and there are no leaks. i went into the tf2 console and this is what it said "maxplayers set to 24
    Steam config directory: d:\steam\steamapps\kabynybak\team fortress 2\platform\config
    Convar cl_particle_retire_cost has conflicting FCVAR_CHEAT flags (child: FCVAR_CHEAT, parent: no FCVAR_CHEAT, parent wins)
    Convar r_drawropes has conflicting FCVAR_CHEAT flags (child: FCVAR_CHEAT, parent: no FCVAR_CHEAT, parent wins)
    Unknown command "sv_backspeed"

like i said there are no errors or leaks so if some one could please tell me whats wrong that would be appreciated:) ty

2. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    It's good to keep a log of what you've added/deleted between compilings so when shit fucks up you can narrow down what did it.

Though I've got no idea what any of that tech stuff there means.

3. Stann

Positive Ratings:
    Ok thankyou ill try to find out what i did that made it muck up cheers. Any other info would also be appreciated

4. tedrock

tedrock L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    can you play a normal map without those errors? when i google those errors i get a few pages about people getting them in a normal games.

5. trainRiderJ

trainRiderJ L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    What exactly do you mean by "not working"?

I'm assuming it compiles since you were in-game. What did it look like when you started the map?

6. Stann

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah i can get into normal games without the error. And by not working i mean it compiles then opens up tf2 loads then just goes to the menu and doesnt even start the map. from there i go into the console and it says what it says above.

7. Earl

Earl L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Don't check the option to automatically run the game after compile -- it usually causes issues as you see...

Just open TF2 manually and create a server with your map.

8. Stann

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah i tryed that but it still didnt work thankyou.