Please feed me with the knowledges

Rasputin

L3: Member
Sep 20, 2008
Being that I am a novice/ noob/ idiot of a mapper/someone who thinks he can just get into mapping without really any foresight, I am not so experienced in the world of entities.

Alright my idea is to try and create a Territory control map with a center control point so that each round plays out similar to a three cp map.

I have used the awesomesauce entity prefab... thing and have fiddled around with it for a while and have found that surprisingly, just putting a cp there and trying to just put the cp's name in a bunch of other entites doesn't seem to work.

Some instruction would be nice being that at the moment, I have no real idea of what the hell I am doing.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
if you are just starting out, i would recommend something simple to start. maybe a koth/arena map or maybe a ctf.

Rasputin

Sep 20, 2008
I suppose, however my problem exists that I have an urge to innovate when innovation in not required. I suppose what you suggest would be in my best interest, but to pique my curiosity, would there be any real way to do this?

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
There's a limit of 8 cap points in a map, so I don't think what you intend is possible.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Already done: [ame="http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=6367"]A new kind of TC arrangement? - TF2Maps.net Forums[/ame]
Posts of note: 32 and 33

Rasputin

Sep 20, 2008
vineyard_a2a4.jpg
Hastily drawn image (I know it's incoherent)

It's really just one point in the center in which every round would go through.