Playtest server

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by [SKC]S3r3nad3, Jan 23, 2008.

1. [SKC]S3r3nad3

[SKC]S3r3nad3 Guest

Positive Ratings:
    I love playtesting, but unfortunately there isn't a whole bevy of places to do this at. So I propose that if you pst me on steamfriends, I would be more than willing to host your map. I think I could do 10 people fine (I wouldn't play at the same time, so don't worry).

Cheers and nots to titties in the assholes (I learned that yesterday from a British Server!)

2. phatal

phatal L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    LOL... I think most of these guys here are Brit's and they mostly use colt'splayground server. Nice setup they got there, but the ping is a little rough for us americans. :blink:

3. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I think its just me who uses colts playground, not seen anyone else other than you on, and your ping was 300 odd.

4. [SKC]S3r3nad3

[SKC]S3r3nad3 Guest

Positive Ratings:
    I played one I think it was Gamers Underground or something.

PS <---[SKC]ShyBluHairedGrrl

5. DrHaphazard

DrHaphazard L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Uh whats the IP address for colt's playground? I'd be more than happy to playtest maps if only I knew what servers to go to.

6. DJive

aa DJive Cake or Death?

Positive Ratings:
    Searched

=p

7. DrHaphazard

DrHaphazard L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sweeeeeeet. Amazing what non-laziness and a search button can do.

:p

8. phatal

phatal L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Orly? My bad... I saw some other map being play tested by some guy named jmjbomb or something like that. There was a generic banner just like the one in your new level with his name instead of yours. :D

9. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Yep, but hes from the playground, I don't think hes taken the plunge into this place yet. I posted a PSD of the banner so that other people could use it, I guess I should post it here but its a little customised for colts playground. We're about to get two new servers up I believe, I think one of those might be soley for testing maps, but I'm not entirely sure.

EDIT: some custom map servers I see a fair bit:

87.106.130.41:27016 - "Some kind of goon testing server" usually near empty, low ping for me in England
    72.37.202.182:29015 - "Myunreal.com MAP TESTS only - All chat ON" - always empty reasonable ping whilst in England
    81.19.219.104:27015 - "Colts Playground 100 Tick" - customs and stock, usually quite full. Very good ping in England

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008