Playing voice files

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
Well one problem I'm seeing already is that you have two team_round_timers set to appear on the HUD, when you can only have one on-screen at a time. Another issue is that your map is broken as shit. It causes VBSP to crash with a bunch of errors I can't be arsed to fix, so I can't even test anything. And this is with just VBSP running.

Anyway, one thing you could try is unchecking the "Fire Once" box in the output that plays the audio clip. Generally I've found no reason to have it enabled 'cos it tends to break things.

Also, w h y

EDIT: Actually I'm going to reiterate what everyone else has told you: stop working on this map and instead make a new one from scratch. You really shouldn't mess around with full, ready-made products until you understand how Hammer works, especially since this is your first ever map. Once you've got more experience then by all means revisit this project if you wish, but trust me when I say that continuing on with it now is gonna be nothing but a bad time.

Last edited:

KaydemonLP

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 17, 2015
Well one problem I'm seeing already is that you have two team_round_timers set to appear on the HUD, when you can only have one on-screen at a time. Another issue is that your map is broken as shit. It causes VBSP to crash with a bunch of errors I can't be arsed to fix, so I can't even test anything. And this is with just VBSP running.

Anyway, one thing you could try is unchecking the "Fire Once" box in the output that plays the audio clip. Generally I've found no reason to have it enabled 'cos it tends to break things.

Also, w h y

EDIT: Actually I'm going to reiterate what everyone else has told you: stop working on this map and instead make a new one from scratch. You really shouldn't mess around with full, ready-made products until you understand how Hammer works, especially since this is your first ever map. Once you've got more experience then by all means revisit this project if you wish, but trust me when I say that continuing on with it now is gonna be nothing but a bad time.
I will never stop trying!

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
I will never stop trying!

Look...it's great and all that you're determined to finish this Rottenburg edit, but you should be focusing that effort towards something that will actually help you learn. You don't yet understand the Source engine, you're trying to implement custom logic before you've learned the basics, and you don't seem to get the importance of design theory and gameplay in TF2. All of these things will come to you with time, but you need to start smaller or you'll just keep bashing your head against a wall trying to fix something you don't understand. No one is telling you to abandon this map entirely - we're just urging you to set it aside for now and start your own map so that you can learn more efficiently. Come back to this after making an original map or two and you'll be surprised how much more you know.

KaydemonLP

L5: Dapper Member
Nov 17, 2015
I finaly found out! Its becausse it only plays on the englisch version of the game and i use German!