Players pushing you off teleporters

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2 Talk' started by Jeebies, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Jeebies

Jeebies L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Anyone know how to keep "teammates" from being able to push you off a teleporter? It makes me a little ill when I've been waiting for a tele and someone comes out and pushes me off right before it's recharged.

I've tried crouching, seems to help but sometimes they still get me off.

2. Vander

Vander L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Nothing makes me more furious. Especially when it's obvious that my unit needs to get to the frontlines first and has a better chance to contribute to the effort. ex: soldier over a sniper while assaulting the last point in dustbowl.

3. kimangroo

kimangroo L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    If anyone pushes me off a tele, it turns me into a vindictive griefing mofo! Last time it happened was a sniper on floodzone, i just went pyro for the next 3 rounds and flamethrowed the sniper's face so he couldn't get any shots. He got quite upset.

4. Paria

Paria L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    i like to abuse admin rights on people who jump the teleport queue - wait for someone to push you off and then /slay them once they reach the destination :thumbup1:

5. xgloryx

xgloryx L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    So true. Anytime someone pushes me off a tele on one of my clan's servers I immediately set a teleport point where I am (back at the tele entrance) and force them back. F'um.

6. Scotland Tom

Scotland Tom L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've had spies push me off teleporters before and it's absolutely infuriating.

I'll typically try to switch teams and kill the offender as many times as I can. I'll also attempt to do as much damage to the (now enemy) teleporters as possible. Even if my original team was winning I find it impressive how much a lack of teleporters can turn the tide of battle.

7. Jeebies

Jeebies L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Oh yea it's huge. If the hike to the front is at least 15 seconds and there's a 15 second respawn time - disabling 1 teleport is the equivalent of killing 1 player every spawn wave. Running a spy it's always my first order of business - disable those tele entries, then 2nd go for their front line. I've seen as many as 3 engineers running back to the spawn to rebuild tele's and leave me their shiny buildings at the front to have my way with - makes all the times of spy frustration seem worth it.