Player Spawn issue..

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Besley xD, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Besley xD

Besley xD L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I havent had this problem before with any of my maps but i dont seem to be able to find away around it yet..... I create around 16 info_player_teamspawn per spawn. set teams ect. but when people join they all seem to spawn at a single one. Please help :] :facepalm:

2. martijntje

martijntje L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    The info_player_teamspawn enities are
    -to close to each other
    -to close to a wall/floor
    it's best if they dont touch anything

3. Nutomic

Nutomic L11: Posh Member

Positive Ratings:
    Or you forgot the func_respawnrooms.

4. UKCS-Alias

aa UKCS-Alias Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?

Positive Ratings:
    That has nothing to do with it. respawnrooms are to allow you to change class

5. MoonQuake

MoonQuake L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Try enabling the console (add -console in the launch properties of TF2) and look for the following errors in red in the console while you load your map:

Spawnpoint at (-194.00 -1415.00 547.19) is not clear. (will be different coordinates)

Try to separate your spawn points and raise them more than 8 units above the ground.

Move them, then compile your map and re-test until there's no more error like this.
    Should do the trick.

MQ

6. DasMatze

DasMatze L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    Enter the name of your control point round in the fields "blue spawn for round" and "red spawn for round". That fixed it when I (and other people) had that problem.

DasMatze