Player Slow-Down Brush Thing?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Weiner Wagon, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Weiner Wagon

Weiner Wagon L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi all,

I am currently working on a swampy-themed map, and there are parts of the map where the player may tread through water. I was wondering if there was some brush entity i could use to make the character's speed slow down while they are in the water.

Thanks,
    Weiner Wagon

2. Narpas

aa Narpas Failing at Scaling

Positive Ratings:
    The best that I can think of is to create a trigger_add_tf_player_condition and set it's "Condition" value to TF_COND_AIMING, and the duration to -1. Keep in mind that this will likely glitch the animations a bit, though.

3. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    Iirc this cond crashes the client if they are holding their primary weapon and its unable to zoom. Better use heavy minigun spinning which works, and will probably glich animations as well. Might also play around with trigger_push if you have a water stream.

4. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    Forcing players to slow down will likely prove to be annoying in practice, so I'd be careful with this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Narpas

aa Narpas Failing at Scaling

Positive Ratings:
    Actually, TF_COND_ZOOM is the one that crashes. You are referring to the same one that I am.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Trotim

aa Trotim

Positive Ratings:
    trigger_stun set to None can still apply a move speed reduction