Player-emitting sound?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by MrSinistar, Mar 5, 2008.

1. MrSinistar

MrSinistar L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I want to make the player emit a scream sound effect when he dies a particular death (in this case, falling off a cliff). I have the ambient_sound set up and the trigger_multiple so that when the player touches it, he screams, but is there a way to configure the sound to play as if the player is screaming it like a voice over sound?

I don't want every player in the map to hear it, unless they're close to the player emitting the sound, so the "Play Everywhere" flag cannot be selected.

How can I pull this off? Thanks in advance :D

2. Pseudo

Pseudo L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    You could use a point_clientcommand to make the player say one of the voice commands. But I'm not sure if any of the voice commands would be the scream that you want.

3. MrSinistar

Positive Ratings:
    I forgot to say that this was a custom sound effect that I want to play. Is there a client command for playing sound, including custom sounds?

4. MrSinistar

Positive Ratings:
    After doing some research on point_cilentcommand, I found that I can use a trigger_multiple and use a point_cilentcommand and use a command output like this:

play hive/scream.wav

Question is, if other players were around a player who falls to his death, would they hear the scream as well?

Thanks for leading to the right direction with the point_clientcommand. I would have never been able to figure that out. *karma added* :D