Player destruction help

• If you're asking a question make sure to set the thread type to be a question!

That's the plan

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 8, 2018
So it's my first time trying to make a player destruction map, and I can't figure out how to make the capture zone turn on/off over time (like how in Watergate the capturing turns on in 30-someodd second intervals when the spaceship is triggered), because it isn't mention in the official player destruction guide. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Narpas

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
To utilize the HUD timer built into tf_logic_player_destruction, you need to send it the input "SetCountdownTimer" with a parameter override of how long you want the timer to be in seconds. It will automatically send an output "OnCountdownTimerExpired" when the timer reaches zero, which you can use to enable/change/set the capture zone(s) as well as reset the timer. If you only want the capture zone(s) to be active for a certain amount of time you would use the same output but add a delay

EDIT: I'd also suggest manually triggering some ambient_generics with the countdown voicelines, as tf_logic_player_destruction has no built in voicelines, so it'll be easier to know when the timer is running out

That's the plan

L4: Comfortable Member
Jul 8, 2018
To utilize the HUD timer built into tf_logic_player_destruction, you need to send it the input "SetCountdownTimer" with a parameter override of how long you want the timer to be in seconds. It will automatically send an output "OnCountdownTimerExpired" when the timer reaches zero, which you can use to enable/change/set the capture zone(s) as well as reset the timer. If you only want the capture zone(s) to be active for a certain amount of time you would use the same output but add a delay

EDIT: I'd also suggest manually triggering some ambient_generics with the countdown voicelines, as tf_logic_player_destruction has no built in voicelines, so it'll be easier to know when the timer is running out
Thanks for the help. I've done all that, and that's working fine, but for some weird reason the max score won't update. Any help?

Narpas

Takes way to long to make and update maps
aa
Jun 11, 2015
I posted the answer to that in the other thread you made