Player clip problems

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
After some serious rethinking of my map making process, I have stream lined my efficiency; though my current issue... is finding a way to deny a player the ability to jump over a barricade, and still allow particles (like bullets) to pass through; any help expert map makers

Last edited:

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
In your material browser set the filter to 'tools' and choose the 'playerclip' texture:
3NAGDv6.png

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Tool_textures Here you can see that 'playerclip' is solid to only players, bullets (and rockets, etc) will still pass through.

Bunbun

aa
May 18, 2014
You need the player clip texture.

Last edited:

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
note, I just tested it; apparently scout was giving me issues

ExtraCheesyPie

L420: High Member
Jan 29, 2015
So problem fixed? It shouldn't block bullets or arrows at all.

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
So problem fixed? It shouldn't block bullets or arrows at all.

problem fixed; though im canning the map for the time being; im trying to make a SD_nucleus kind of map... the only problem; I don't have time to learn the ways of SD for the time being...

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
If you realy want all projectiles to pass yet deny players you can allways go for a dirtfix. 2 respawnroom visualizers for the opposing teams prevent players from passing yet allow all other stuff to get through. Its the same method used to give bots a player clip (to deny them to reach certain areas because they are broken) in mvm. Giving it only a nodraw texture makes them invisible.

Except as they are dynamic objects its less efficient than player clips. But they might be the thing you want.

MoonFox

Mar 17, 2015
guys, I got my problem fixed; I don't know how to lock the forum if needed