pl_walkingbread Concept Art

pl_walkingbread Concept Art 2021-12-19

Nov 7, 2021
pl_walkingbread Concept Art - A kaiju-themed payload map concept

tfuwfgN.jpg

One of my most desired additions to the game would be the inclusion of more maps that take place in a city environment. In this map, BLU team pushes the bomb cart (a retro Japanese truck) down the streets of Tokyo to foil a kaiju attack.

I don't have enough knowledge to actually execute this idea, but I thought it was a cool enough concept to at least illustrate.

This is my very first 72 Hour Jam, and I had lots of fun brainstorming under the time limit. Thank you to the tf2maps staff for the opportunity!

its_hi

L1: Registered
Dec 10, 2021
I love this idea! I usually like to map in city environments and urban areas as well, and your idea is truly inspiring!
I did make maps in the past and I do have the knowledge of how to make a map like this (Not all of them were finished sadly) but unfortunately, such an idea would require a large number of custom assets (3D Models, Textures, Skybox, particles, Soundscapes, etc, etc) of which I am not able to make!
But if there ever was a project, I will make sure to contribute. Beautiful concept, I like it. :)

Nov 7, 2021
If you want to do a basic layout of what you think it would look like, feel free!

I was thinking if this ever got made, we'd start small and probably create the assets towards the end of the process.

its_hi

Dec 10, 2021
If you want to do a basic layout of what you think it would look like, feel free!

I was thinking if this ever got made, we'd start small and probably create the assets towards the end of the process.
Sounds great! If you really want to make it into a map, I would love to get more details from you on how you want the map to be. (Layout, style, theme, etc, etc)

its_hi

Dec 10, 2021
hey bro sorry for the late response lol. didn't mean to ignore you
No problem. I've gotten the notification of your response super late as well.
Me and a friend of mine have been making a basic layout of your map, imagining how it would be.
Would you like to take a look at it and give us more information/detail on how you want us to make it?
If so, please add me on my Discord, so me and my friend can work on your idea better. :)
Hi#4311