pl_condemned (old)

PL pl_condemned (old) a12

May 24, 2018
pl_treasury - A payload map that sometimes plays like a control point map.

Note: Due to how interconnected this map's layout is, I want to get point A right before I start designing point B. So this map currently has only one control point. This is my first asymmetrical map, so I'm really testing the waters here.

Here is the long version:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNsjl6ngP_o

• Originally conceived as a payload/control point hybrid map, treasury includes slow-sections in some checkpoints to focus the action around a single area.
  • The map may be a bit cramped. Hopefully play-testing will tell just how much.
  • The map is planned to have a mining/industrial theme with lots of black, grey, and yellow textures. The first half is underground, while the second half is outside and in the factory.

ComradeRoffel

L2: Junior Member
Apr 7, 2017
I recommend when making screenshots you disable you hud with cl_drawhud 0 and viewmodels with r_drawviewmodel 0. Having these options enabled when making your screenshots gives a bad impression on your map.

geegor102

L3: Member
Dec 27, 2017
honestly, the hud in spectator is fine for alpha imo

May 24, 2018
  • Overhauled D to be less wide open, make the back area more relevant, and make the front area more interesting to play on.
  • Added a cart roadblock to give the defenders time to set up on B.
  • Added some new doors to give the attackers better access to B.
  • Adjusted the terrain in A to move the focus from Blu's spawn doors to the payload.
  • Moved some ammo and health packs.
  • Fixed issues with doors closing on players.
  • Lined up textures.
  • Added some guide arrows.

Read the rest of this update entry...

May 24, 2018
  • Reworked point B entirely.
  • Reconstructed point C to be less vertically overscaled and provide more cover.
  • Moved Red's final spawn to make it more centered and not cause fall damage when walking off the platform.
  • Rescaled some parts of point A and added some walls.
  • Added an additional exit for blu's spawn.
  • Added a gate for blu's spawn that you can see through.
  • Added a custom payload.
  • Moved the mid spawn back.
  • Added some signs.
  • Fixed some clipping.

Read the rest of this update entry...