pl_synthesis

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
This is my third major map, a remake of this map, which is a remake of this map, which is a remake of another map not made by me. Anyway, it will be an otherwise normal payload map, expect when the red team successfully defends ther base, they get a chance to get the blue team's intelligence and earn a point. The map is in very early stages, but because of the way I work, I still have some screenshots to show:
plsynthesis0000pg8.png

plsynthesis0001vo8.png

plsynthesis0002vx9.png

plsynthesis0003lg5.png

plsynthesis0004hr4.png

plsynthesis0005te9.png

plsynthesis0006uy1.png

plsynthesis0007vo3.png

plsynthesis0008ac4.png

plsynthesis0009cu9.png

TMP

Ancient Pyro Main
aa
Aug 11, 2008
The only thing I may remark about is that it is indeed a nighttime map and thus is very dark. That typically isn't a good thing, unless it's a zf map. The only thing is that it may play better for some classes than others. The game mode sounds weird as well. Often, a defending team just cares about defending. I rarely care about gaining points as a team, merely just winning the round.

I just thought about the HUD complications. Would they not be quite difficult? I mean, the payload HUD would have to stay, but how would you know about the Intel?

Apom

L6: Sharp Member
Sep 14, 2008
Not much to say yet, except that red metallic window frame in blue base = bad !

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
You should still make the map brighter. Dark maps sucks :(

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
This map is clearly not dark. Just because it has a night sky texture doesn't mean you can't see anything. As long as you can see silhouettes and team colours clearly, it doesn't matter.

The idea sounds very weird, but for all I know it might work well. That grass, is it the Lumberyard texture with full alpha? I can't tell, but if it isn't, you should probably change to that.

jpr

aa
Feb 1, 2009
howitworksby0.png

the layout. There will also be a small underground area. And yes, I know I should have built everything first and then added textures adn details and such, but I'm too impatient.