pl_switchtrack

pl_switchtrack A5

vulduv

L4: Comfortable Member
Sep 12, 2016
pl_switchtrack - a payload map with a junction. thats controled by a capture point.

payload switchtrack is a payload map with a capture point. not one of those regular ones you see all over payload maps. its a control point from regular cp maps! granted it does not show on the hud. View attachment 57336

vulduv

Sep 12, 2016
heres whats new.
*added a new fancy ass orange ramp to the room on last.
*added a fancy ass wire going from the tower to the junction so players will know that the tower controls the junction.
*added some more walkways to last.
*added a fence on last to stop red from standing in there spawn and still being able to defend.
*added teleports so you dont get stuck in spawnrooms. (blu's seems to not work tho :/ )

heres whats changed
*made it so the doors to the tower open earlier.
*the healthpack near the snipernest at 3 to last has been moved onto the sniper nest. (did any snipers use the nest thing tho?)
*i changed the length of the timer and how much time you get from capping a point.

Read the rest of this update entry...

vulduv

Sep 12, 2016
wow theres a lot of small tweaks i did!

*fixed the hole in the upper tunnel near the badwater like area.
*blocked a sightline
*added a bit of clipping near the ramp to the sniper battlement near last, so you step up instead of just stoping.
*added signs near the first point so ppl know where the control point is.
*made it so you cant stand on the spinning signs near first and second.
*the red wall/cover holding up a pathway between first and second got moved closer to first, to block a sightline.
*added spinning lights to last.
*added a bit more health to last.(maby i increased the ammo? i dont remember tho.)
*i blocked some annoying sightlines.
*fixed an issue where you could stand ontop the slopped roofs.
*made you capture the tower quicker.
*tweaked the big blue wall thingy near second.
*blocked some sightlines near first.
*fixed blu not teleporting from the first blu spawn to the second blu spawn.
*blocked a sightline near red spawn with a tiny wooden fence.
*i made the hole on last deeper.
*i added lights to the pathway leading from behind the red baracade near the hill near second, to second.
*did i tell you that i blocked some sightlines?

vulduv

Sep 12, 2016
major changes
*completly remade everything past B point.
*completly redid the control point

the control point
now access to the control point is given to red and blu when the cart gets to A. rather than before where it became accessable when the cart turns the corner before A. it also stops at A untill the control point is ither captured by blu. or when a second timer runs out. this second timer starts and the main one pauses when blu captures A. when this timer runs out. the match resumes as normal. (also the announcer tells both teams "control point enabled" when the control point is enabled. the control point also shows capture progress on the hud aswell as how many people are capping.)

"what does the control point do?"
well if blu captures it. they will gain an extra min on the main timer. and the cart track will switch so the cart will be pushed in an area where blu team has an advantage. if blu do not capture the control point before the timer runs out. the cart will move into an area where red will have an advantage. and no time is added to the clock.

small minor changes
*changed the healthpack under the bridge near blu spawn from a medium healthkit to a full healthkit.
*added another medium health pack under the bridge on reds side of the track between A and B
*added some hints and occluders to optimize the map