pl_switch - Choose your way!

DasMatze

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2008
Thank you! I can't get the respawndoors with trigger_multiple and filters to work, I don't know how to work with the filter. I will try again.

This building got a roof:
eFcX33g9.jpg

This happened to the concrete block:
BM6nht6.jpg

stQCaJpW.jpg

And I'm not sure if the tunnel of the second route to cp2 is ok:
7gi4WAHs.jpg

If you want to take a look at it:
http://files.filefront.com/pl+switch+v07rar/;10552998;/fileinfo.html

DasMatze

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Add the sewer caps from 2fort to each side of the tunnel, so it'll look much better.

joshman

L5: Dapper Member
May 7, 2008
Oh Wow! It looks wonderful!

Datsmatze, you really know how to use lighting and TF2 Style.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Sewer looks a bit unnatural as there is no trim or lip to it.

Question, and mind me for being slow. What program did you use to make the picture of the layouts? i love that.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/threads/116541?100

DasMatze

May 17, 2008
Like nineaxis told me, I added the sewercaps to it. But I haven't tested it ingame yet.

Also:
Like I did for my first map, I created a simple sketch in SketchUp.
www.sketchup.com ;) It's a cad program for noobs like me. It's more like drawing.

DasMatze

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
lolz some people use differnt methods to yourself believe it or not.
I myself dont think of using sketchup or any sort of planning. pl_hoodoo just flowed straight from my brain into hammer (via my hand of course, I can't control my pc by thought..yet..)

Géza!

L4: Comfortable Member
May 12, 2008
I personally plan my map on paper when I'm bored in school...

DasMatze

May 17, 2008
Train's on the track again.

The new tunnel:
INs7Sg7f.jpg

In front of the tunnel:
eGnfwLhD.jpg

New Lightgrid size:
VL624vuG.jpg

Red respawn CP2:
s2FIR7X9.jpg

On the left wall is a microphone prop with the env_microphone entity and in the warehouse is the loudspeaker prop with an info_target entity. Does anyone know if this entity works so that you can make sounds in the respawnroom which you can hear in the warehouse?

Many people said there is too much range for snipers on this route, so I built this cover:
Qpch3fsf.jpg

RGQnw6WR.jpg

nySpUM1M.jpg

mfZdiWh8.jpg

(for testing purposes only so far)
Here I used the game_texttf entity. But it does only show up with full HUD enabled. I play always with mini HUD. Does anyone know a better entity which creates for example a text like the one that says "You must defend the cart" or whatever at the beginning of a map?

I finally know how the filter entities works. I didn't see the line Allow/Disallow at the filter and the filter line at trigger_multiply.

DasMatze

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Third pic, looks lovely but you need to be REALLY carefull about lightmap scales, setting them all to 1 will increase your filesize tenfold, posibly even a hundredfold
Personally I think you should raise the scale in this instance because they look too sharp.

Lord Ned

L420: High Member
Feb 11, 2008
Should always use a power of two. Anyways set it to 2 or 4, because yeah Youme's right.

And you've got something funky going on by the sewer, disable shadows on that one piece of track should fix it.

Also I don't see how you guys can stand sketchup. It's great for boxes and everything, but getting curves and circles? Forget it.

nossie

L3: Member
May 9, 2008
uhh.. u just revived like a 3 month old topic... i dont think there is any but go to FPSbanana i no there was a big topic there

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
uhh.. u just revived like a 3 month old topic... i dont think there is any but go to FPSbanana i no there was a big topic there

Thanks for the concern, W.I.P are the only other section of the forums besides Tutorial where its acceptable to bump threads.

Heck even looked good upon to, keep these mappers updating regularly!