L1: Registered
Jun 3, 2020
pl_spiral - 5-Point Payload Map Down A Some-what Chasm

Uhhh my first map. Enjoy

Thanks to FishyUberMuffin for the train prefab

EnnTM

Jun 3, 2020
Uhh I the only major thing I changed was having Blu's general respawn timer moved up to 4 seconds.

Other than that I made small improvements here and there. Some noticeable changes are pickup changes, clipping on the train rails, more consistent rollfoward and rollback areas, along with having some stairs on Cap D for a possible flank.

I included a nav. file just like last time.
As a bonus, I added a notepad explaining all the changes.

Enjoy and see ya next time lol.

(You ever announce an update all while forgetting to send it...)

Read the rest of this update entry...

EnnTM

Jun 3, 2020
I tested my map on another computer and realized some models and textures were missing. I took them out and used other models and stuff as a substitute. There might be using a custom texture or two in this update, but the major errors are gone until I can find and credit whoever made them.

Other than that, Major changes include the building at C supports area portals, more pickups and cover outside of E, and more signs + overlays for those needing more than a sense of direction.

Again, offline nav.file included
Yet again, all new changes are in the notepad.

See ya next time (Hopefully on a test server)

EnnTM

Jun 3, 2020
I did it
No more error textures.
I can die in peace...

Imma start listing the changes in these updates rather than infiltrating your device with my awful logs.

So, the big changes include:
- Added lumps or whatever at each train tunnel (its to hide da train)
- Blu spawngates open pregame.
- Adjusted elevation with water/killzones.
- More props and overlays for gameplay purposes (arrows, patches, warnings)

And the rest:
- Adjusted rocks near cart start
- Adjusted the clipping around the doorframes at Red first spawn
- Lowered the top flank exit by cap A side
- Adjusted and added lights at point D, point A and Blu second spawn
- Cap D cart gate speed reduced to 25
- Funnel above Red no longer kills on Blu win
- Explosion particle kills 5 seconds after last cap (smoke clips through red spawn per blu win)
- Removed construction sign above cap A (I finally got an idea, but it has to wait lol)

no nav.file this time :( (red bots would move pregame, but freeze in round)

see ya next time!

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
Just so you know, you can 'pack' your custom content into your bsp file so it doesn't show as missing textures/error models. You can do this manually, but I find the easiest way to do this is to compile with CompilePal, which can pack your stuff automatically. However, if you have a custom HUD, it'll pack that too, so make sure to take your custom HUD off before compiling.

You can add the "Pack" step to your compile process like so:
upload_2021-5-15_20-26-30.png

Initially, it won't be in the list with VBSP and VVIS, but once you click "Add" and click on "Pack" in the Process Chooser, it should be added into that list, and ticked. Once it's ticked, compiling will now automatically pack your custom content.

And, you don't have to test your map on a different computer to see if it's packed. You can just do "sv_pure 2" in the console, then do "retry", then your map should show any unpacked custom content as missing textures/error models.