PL pl_smokey [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spebby

L1: Registered
Aug 17, 2016
WIP V1 pl_smokey - Frontline

Currently a work in progress and not a map I'd don't want to distribute as it's still in a very early phase. I got the idea when looking at 2 of crashes maps, Trainsawlazer and Glassworks. I just felt like making a map. Another thing, I used the vmf of the frontline demo as a base. ANOTHER THING, The map is having an issue with a leak to the void. I don't know how to fix it. If someone knows how please tell me. Unlike my other maps this map is playable.

Svode

Take a Chance on Me
aa
Jul 31, 2016
Pics or it didn't happen.

Spebby

Aug 17, 2016
Changes :
Fixed skybox.
Removed the 3D skybox
Added a shortcut that is available after 1st point is captured
Made 2 supply boxes drop after entering the shortcut
Added a few props
Can now finish the map
Added a blue team spawn
Added resupply cabinets in blue base

Addition List
-------------------

Add some graffiti in certain spots a playtester found
Fix other issues
Add other choke points for other points

Read the rest of this update entry...

Spebby

Aug 17, 2016
Added :
A bunch of the path is now finished.
Red now has a temporary spawn right next to blue spawn.
Changed things with the shortcuts
Added, Removed and Tweaked some textures.
Basic improvements

Tell me what you think
~Sebbie

Svode

Take a Chance on Me
aa
Jul 31, 2016
it would be better to do the a1-b1-rc1 name schema to tell your players what stage it is in is what I am saying here, I'm a 2-year mapper and I know this rule is not crucial but it is recommended.

Doing the schema is also more understandable, and I'm pretty sure that the chat-bot can't do maps that have a schema that is different than the a1,b1,rc1 format, making this map unimpable.

Spebby

Aug 17, 2016
it would be better to do the a1-b1-rc1 name schema to tell your players what stage it is in is what I am saying here, I'm a 2-year mapper and I know this rule is not crucial but it is recommended.
I have been doing that. I'm just trying to fix a issue with the 2nd cap point which I have no idea what's going on with it. But once its fixxed I'm moving to A1 phase as next update besides fixxing the issue al be adding red spawn.

Spebby

Aug 17, 2016
Doing the schema is also more understandable, and I'm pretty sure that the chat-bot can't do maps that have a schema that is different than the a1,b1,rc1 format, making this map unimpable.
First of all, what is a
I'm new to mapping and don't know these terms. Another thing I will be moving to A1 once I fix a issue that I don't know how to fix and add red spawn.

Svode

Take a Chance on Me
aa
Jul 31, 2016
First of all, what is a I'm new to mapping and don't know these terms. Another thing I will be moving to A1 once I fix a issue that I don't know how to fix and add red spawn.

If you ever want your map to be tested by people of the TF2Maps community, then the bot in the Steam group's chat will handle your map if you submit it for an impromptu, or imp for short.

Spebby

Aug 17, 2016
If you ever want your map to be tested by people of the TF2Maps community, then the bot in the Steam group's chat will handle your map if you submit it for an impromptu, or imp for short.
Okay I don't care about testing until A1 so that doesn't matter to me

OctoBlitz

Sabotage related, and Tak approved!
aa
Jan 15, 2016
Added red spawn? Is this map playable? (just asking)

Spebby

Aug 17, 2016
This was a small quick update not much was added. Or tested XD

Added :
A lot of clipping
A lot of explosions at the factory after cap
Fixed an issue where a certain point wasn't capturable
Added names to the cap points Like Tunnel : Point 1

Not much else
~Sebbie

Spebby

Aug 17, 2016
This is an update I was hesitant about releasing, Because of how broken that this update is. Basically, this update ONLY exists for people to see the issue, In update A1 which will be released after this update I will go over the changes.

The Letter Before A

Cool Idiot
Jul 15, 2016
Screenshots please

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010

Screenshots please

These are both bad posts. The bot can do any maps with anything but capital letters in the filename, and although its useful to have screenshots, they aren't required. Check the link in my signature for some more helpful advice on what to do with a new map, including how to get it tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.