pl_bombastic

PL pl_bombastic a11

Yoshark

L3: Member
Jul 29, 2016
The list may look like a lot, but it's actually a bunch of small things that I hope will contribute to improving the overall experience of the map.

------------

* Opened up space around A's Flank, encouraging BLU to push further in
- Removed ramp into flank
+ Added crate for prop jump
- Removed Bridge between A & B
+ Added Scafolding on B and Last
+ Added Lighting for better team ID
+ Added Credits Shack
+ Added Missing Patched
* Adjusted Geometry in the Main Building by B, moving a ramp, and removing door.
+ Added Clipping to smooth out gameplay space
+ Added Security fence on cliff to clarify OOBs clipping
+ Added Basic spliced announcer VO for respawning the cart. (lines stolen from MVM)
* Changed texture of platform on last

Read the rest of this update entry...

Yoshark

Jul 29, 2016
Going to try making a minute layout change for last, I don't particularly expect this version to play any better if much than the previous two.

Layout changes
+ Removed barricade blocking access between last and bottom cliff that the train runs through

Quality of life changes
+ Added a small duration before trains start moving to the timers so the bells play earlier in comparison
* Changed the func_hurt in first red to a teleport moving players to the 2nd red spawn

Yoshark

Jul 29, 2016
Small bug fix update, and some texturing cause boredom.

* Fixed train sound constantly playing
* Fixed 2nd train being able to run during overtime
* Fixed red spawning at 2nd spawn at the start of the game
- Removed stray clip brush that was a relic from the reverse upward cliff
* Textured a few buildings
+ Added cubemaps to new area

Yoshark

Jul 29, 2016
Yet another rework of last, less drastic this time, but still notable

The cliff the train runs through has now become a blocked off path again, except when the train is running through.

I've added a 3d skybox, and trains in the skybox. Which will effect the timings of the trains since they're now offset by how long it takes for the skybox train to arrive.

I've also gone ahead and textured a few areas a bit more since I'm starting to feel that this is getting close to beta.

Yoshark

Jul 29, 2016
- Dropped and reworked entirety of B
Red now has a platform to get to the upper levels on A.
The Train was moved back and now runs through much more frequently again. Should actually play as an actual hazard for BLU to deal with.
The Area around the cap on B should be easier to hold, might be too strong with how close RED spawn is, but We'll see.
+ Detailed BLU starting spawn some
+ Detailed Yard outside of BLU spawn
+ Reverted A to older layout instead of last update's changes

Yoshark

Jul 29, 2016
- Removed C and Last. Will return to working on them later, but I want to focus on getting A and B right enough that C and Last can actually work.
- Redid Geometry around A to not be two blind turns for BLU, hopefully making it less of a hard hold
- Nerfed an ammo pack in Concrete side down from Full to Medium. Engineers have enough metal.

Yoshark

Jul 29, 2016
- Reverted A's building to the old version, I want to see how A with the easier staircase by BLU before redoing the yard entirely
- Widened the area the train crosses, I anticipate B will need changes anyways, but I'm hoping this is a step in the right direction.

I'm very hesitant to move red further from the point, but shorting the length of B may be in the cards for the future. (keeping red's spawn in the same physical space)