PL pl_antimatter A3

A tug-of-war map set on a space station

1. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    pl_antimatter - A tug-of-war map set on a space station

Welcome to pl_antimatter a tug-of-war payload map set on a space station.

Current versions are now in the alpha stages

Map is mirrored map style - once you know one side, you'll know the other.

Payload will be in center of bridge to start, teams will push to antimatter charge station - you'll recognize it.

In a future release, one team pushes it to a certain point, defending team will loose the ability to push it back past that point to keep the map from being a constant stalemate / time generator. Attacking team will push the cart back to the centre where bridge retracts and they then push the cart into the blast pit for victory - and some sort of huge boom.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  2. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    how many boys can you fit in that tunnel

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    You mean the blue one? It's got lots of space in there more than the tunnel in badwater.

The two real tight spots are the orange in the pic above and the spot leading into the tunnel room - but there are flanking routes for blue to do uber pushes. I also redid the construction of th tunnel as the torus was giving me too many broken faces.

I have also found a couple of spots that I can place spawn rooms and am still working on the one side of the mirror plus some detailing.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Finally after bashing my head against the wall and pestering you all with questions - here is the map!

Sadly didn't have enough time to get it into the contest :(

Known issues -

Blue touching the capture area - she keeps saying time has been added but no time is added and I want her to shut up about it.

After red pushes cart past blue's space station bridge, blue looses the ability to push it back. Right now this is a bug, but it is my intention of both teams loosing the ability to push back at this point to prevent stalemates.

Stalemates - one or two instances of it being triggered when team is touching trigger. can't replicate the error.

Bomb went boom twice and only twice in all my testing, no idea why, can't replicate error.

Any thoughts, opinions, stuff to improve game play is appreciated as always.

If anyone wants to decompile to see what's causing the bugs, feel free to do so with my thanks.

And lastly, I don't know how to put in the thumbnail onto the post thread so you can see an image instead of that gear box thingy.

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Nothing in the way of new screenshots but here's what's new:

- thanks to your help, I fixed the issue of the payload cart blowing up at the start of the round
    - announcer bug fixed - she no longer keeps telling you time is added when it isn't.
    - fixed track logic - payload can now be pushed by both teams - from start to finish both ways
    - added in the ammo / health packs
    - added in more directional pointers - want to get some that will point at the cart wherever it is.
    - have included a nav file for bots, set up your max players to 32, your tf_bot_bota to 32, load map, go into spectate, watch the bridge for one of the most epic bot battles you will ever see!
    - just using my goldheist model until I can get a space looking one made
    - all teleports now working
    - alarm siren added in when cap nears final point

haven't had a chance to review your comments from the test play of version A1 that was played last night.

thanks for your help and enjoy

6. Another Bad Pun

Server Staff Another Bad Pun punished bird

Positive Ratings:
    Hey I decided to download your map, but none of the custom content is packed in. I'd use something like CompilePal or VIDE to get that stuff in there.

hl2 2019-03-11 13-58-10-39.png
    hl2 2019-03-11 13-58-24-89.png

7. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Oh sh** knew i was forgetting something

Will upload a new version

Edit - A2 updated to Packed version

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  8. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
  9. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Ok - a big update for you.

- removed all dynamic signs - no more sign spam
    - replaced the above using a dynamic pointer system using dynamic_light and func_brush
    - you now have arrows around the map in various places that point to where the cart is exactly < really helps you navigate to where you need to go.

A special note of thanks goes out to Coding Ethan who was finally able to put together a working version for me to use/modify - see this thread for how it was done:

https://tf2maps.net/threads/solved-dynamic-signs-to-point-where-payload-is.38657/

- more texture work
    - modified drop chute teleporter extits so you can get out easier/faster
    - put some windows into the spawn room
    - modified last caps both sides so that cart will fall info the pit more
    - moved some health/ammo pack for easier player/bot access, add in some more
    - fixed red spawn door opening when blue touched it
    - fixed a broken regen cabinet
    - added in some more posters
    - added in some more observer points giving some reverse angle shots
    - improved some of the geometry of a couple of brushes
    - added a nav file into the zip file, try maxplayers 30, and tf_bot_quota 30, then run map and join spectate to watch a battle royal at the bridge

• Like Like x 1