pl map won't end in victory

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Kill_the_Bug, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Kill_the_Bug

Kill_the_Bug L14: Epic Member

Positive Ratings:
    Having some issues with last cap - need this for the contest coming up.

1. It's a two cart ending - therefore I'm using a conditional relay - here's the condition

Pathtrack-node 1
    On pass - enable end_relay
    On pass - Trigger end_relay

Pathtrack-node 2
    On pass - enable end_relay
    On pass - Trigger end_relay

When the carts pass both nodes the trigger fires

end_relay
    On trigger - PushzoneRed - Capture CP_GameEnd
    On trigger - PushzoneBlue - Capture CP_GameEnd

I also have set team set to 3 on trigger

Game does not end in victory for blue (the pushzonered above is controlled by blue)

2. The triggering of the relay is buggy.

If I push cart to Pathtrack-node 1 - the trigger is firing prematurely on occasion - it seems to be firing off twice sometimes.

it seems like the cart is moving twice on the node (thus the firing) - have tried to disable last path and the node but it seems to not work.

3. I need to force the win for the blue team but can'r figure out how to do it. I'd like to do:

On Pass - winner = blue type of thing.

Any ideas?

2. MaccyF

aa MaccyF Notoriously Unreliable

Positive Ratings:
    perhaps you could try a logic_counter increased by the carts passing and do it so the outputs fire when it reaches it's max value. Might be worth a try.

3. ibex

aa ibex

Positive Ratings:
    Are you using the game_round_win entity to control if blue wins? Or team_control_point_master?
    Also, for the node sending multiple triggers, have tried the "fire once" selection?

4. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    team_control_point_master being used - try fire once

5. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    team_control_point_master being used - will try fire once

6. Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    Again another case of find concrete wall, bang head against it until you learn that this is far easier and less painful than trying to code in hammer...

Did the fire once thing - helped with the one cart not triggering instantly(other cart is needed), the other cart still fires instantly even though both carts/nodes seem to have the same coding.

Still can't figure out the win trigger. I do remember seeing something in the outputs of one of the entities that says On x trigger victory for team Y - anyone know which entity does it? I'm thinking I can fire a blue win from that one but an't remember the entity type to do it.

7. Idolon

aa Idolon the worst admin

Positive Ratings: