PL Map: Blue spawning in Red room!

Tigger

L2: Junior Member
Mar 29, 2008
Help! I'm working on my first payload map. I repurposed a CP map I had with working Red and Blue spawn rooms. I've followed the Valve tutorial setting up the map and everything is in place. At least I think so.

But everytime I run the map after compiling and select Blue they spawn in the Red spawnroom. Red spawns normally in their spawn room. These are spawn rooms that were working before I placed the payload elements into my map. And they were working before I placed the CPs and path tracks into my map.

I did see reference to setting the spawn room after capture elsewhere. But here there are only the one spawn room each for red and blue.

Suggestions on what to try?

DasMatze

May 17, 2008
You have to set the parameters "Blue/Red Spawn for Round". Choose there your gameround entity.

Tigger

Mar 29, 2008
I don't have a team game round entity. I do have a team_control_point_round entity. But there's nothing there about spawn rooms.

And the only Red/Blue spawn for round is in the info_player_teamspawn. Which... I confess I'm not exactly sure how to set up for payload maps. Especially since blue doesn't start out with an associated control point in my payload map.

Edit: Looked at Goldrush, set up the info_player_teamspawn the way they did. Still no joy. Blue spawns in red, red spawns in red.

Last edited:

Tigger

Mar 29, 2008
Ok, finally got it working.

I needed to set the Blue and Red spawn for round in the appropriate fields for the info_player_teamspawns.

I needed to set the Control point for the Red info_player_teamspawns to the last control point. And leave the Control point for the Blue info_player_teamspawn empty (since blue is attacking).

Thanks for the help DasMatze.