1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

PL/CP Gamemode

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Uncuepa, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Uncuepa

aa Uncuepa

Positive Ratings:
    Just an idea, but what the teams fought over capture points to designate the course of the cart. If red controlled the first control point at the time the cart gets to the first cap, it takes a longer route that takes more time to push, but if blue controls the point at the time it gets to the cap, it goes along a short-cut route. Thoughts?

2. xzzy

aa xzzy

Positive Ratings:
    It's not a bad idea and you're not the first to suggest it, though I can't think of any maps that have actually implemented the idea.

I think the main concerns you'd have to deal with would be splitting the fighting (teams would have to split to control points and push the cart) and map design.. more routes mean more playable space which means players might be unable to find action.

It does make an opportunity to create interesting tactical options for red team but I'm unsure if it would actually make TF2 more fun to play.

3. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    YM did this during snowplows development with cp_shortcut, it was loads of fun, but (heh) kind of confusing to explain what the heck was going on.

4. Uncuepa

aa Uncuepa

Positive Ratings:
    I did see that, but that one seemed to detour rather than delay.

5. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    Similar theory though.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    The HUD does not like this idea.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Kill_the_Bug

aa Kill_the_Bug

Positive Ratings:
    yes - payload routes have to be the EXACT same or the hud gets screwed up

8. KubeKing

Server Staff KubeKing Soon it will be different

Positive Ratings:
    I made a thread based on an idea for a PLR/KotH mix, if you want to read into that.

9. Fr0Z3nR

Positive Ratings:
    Or you just use a CP hud.