Pl colision physics help

Luigi1000

L2: Junior Member
Dec 12, 2015
So let me start off by saying the cart's working as intended in terms of design except for one issue. That being said the one issue has to do with the cart interacts with projectiles (most notably sticky bombs).

When all's set as it should be, the cart completely ignores the rules of physics and lets projectiles pass through it instead of bouncing them off.

When I uncheck the "Debris - Don't collide with the player or other debris" flag on the prop_physics_override of the bomb, it has this funny issue where if stickies are in front of its path, it will get caught on them.

So, anyone have an idea why this is going on?

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
no clue, but feels like your clip isn't properly built

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
Leave that flag checked so that the prop_physics_override remains non-solid, and let an invisible func_tracktrain entity (roughly the same size and shape as your cart model) serve as the collision box instead. This is how the standard payload cart is built.

Luigi1000

L2: Junior Member
Dec 12, 2015
Leave that flag checked so that the prop_physics_override remains non-solid, and let an invisible func_tracktrain entity (roughly the same size and shape as your cart model) serve as the collision box instead. This is how the standard payload cart is built.

Went back and checked the func_tracktrain I had and swapped out its texture from a normal clip to a nodraw and solved the issue.

Thanks.