Pitch Yaw Roll at doors

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Simulacron, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Simulacron

Simulacron L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Is there any trick how to know what to insert in the pitch yaw roll in the func_door and func_door_rotating. Everytime when I want to make a door I start tring different valus and different positions until I'm lucky. However I'm getting sich of this method and want to ask, if there is an easy way to know which value you mist unsert to get an result.
    Currently I want to make a door that rotates down, like the setup gate in pl_subzero, but my door is always rotating around the axis that is going up (z-axis?).

2. fubarFX

aa fubarFX The "raw" in "nodraw"

Positive Ratings:
    the rotatation axis for func_door_rotating are in the flags

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Skullio

Skullio L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    You can test a rotation by using Ctrl + M to rotate an object by degrees (and obviously undo to put it back again) to find a good value. Remember you can rotate by a negative value so maybe that's your problem, rotating up would be a positive Z value but rotating down would need a negative value

4. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    If you use the little circle helper, the direction that line points should match your top down view. With 0/360 is always east in the topdown view.

Tags: