Pink & black/ ERROR models in TF2

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
So I downlaoded a couple of models for my map, including the Blu version of the radar pack. They all work fine in hammer, and fine in-game for me. My friend tries out the map and finds that some track pieces are ERRORs and the blue radar is invisible.

However, after PAKRAT-ing the map, the blue radar appears, but in pink and black, and the track pieces are still ERRORs I was told.

Help appreciated, thanks in advance

Jack

J4CK8

Mar 4, 2009
He doesn't have the materials and/or models you used, you need to include them in the map pack.

I did PAKRAT the map, but still pink and black and still error props. I know the models of the train track are missing but how can I include them?

Caliostro

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 6, 2009
I did PAKRAT the map, but still pink and black and still error props. I know the models of the train track are missing but how can I include them?

I don't know PAKRAT, so I can't help you there.

To include the models with the file you need to zip them together, and put the models and materials in the same folders they ought to be.

For example, a certain mdl would usually go in tf/models/mapname/ [assuming you located them there], so you need to make the folder models/mapname/ and put your mdl in there.

Someone who actually knows PAKRAT, correct me accordingly please.

J4CK8

Mar 4, 2009
I don't know PAKRAT, so I can't help you there.

To include the models with the file you need to zip them together, and put the models and materials in the same folders they ought to be.

For example, a certain mdl would usually go in tf/models/mapname/ [assuming you located them there], so you need to make the folder models/mapname/ and put your mdl in there.

Someone who actually knows PAKRAT, correct me accordingly please.

Ah, yes that would explain it I suppose. Thanks, I'll do that for now I guess.

If anybody knows if there is an easier way to add the custom models into the actual .bsp though please tell me.

McFool

L1: Registered
Jul 5, 2009
I probably shouldn't reply cause I don't know much but I'd think you want to buildcubemaps after adding your new stuff to the bsp, then you can take that bsp with your custom stuff and add that to your server, so anyone who downloads the map will get the bsp with your custom things and they will have been cubemapped already. As far as cubemapping goes, I cant get past mat_hdr_level 1 without it telling me it can't save so good luck with that.

Nineaxis

Quack Doctor
aa
May 19, 2008
Pakrat doesn't automatically pack in textures for custom models, because they aren't referenced by the BSP (only the model is), so you have to pack them in by hand.

Ida

deer
aa
Jan 6, 2008
Pakrat doesn't automatically pack in textures for custom models, because they aren't referenced by the BSP (only the model is), so you have to pack them in by hand.

Which you can also do with Pakrat. To clarify, Pakrat automatically detects everything else than model textures; as for those, they can also be added in using only Pakrat, by simply browsing through your folders in Pakrat instead of pressing the Auto button.

Octoplasma

L1: Registered
Jan 19, 2009
You have to click the auto button a couple times to make sure everything is checkmarked.